[Automator] Does anyone use this listserver?

Peter Saint James peterstj at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 19 04:45:48 PDT 2005

         The consistency of the responses may indicate what's wrong
with automator: it's evidently not very useful.

         I have tried it for a couple of things and found it quite
limited in what it can do.  It doesn't do the things I need done, and
I don't seem to need the things it does.

         When I first heard about automator, before Tiger came out, I
was picturing something different.  I was hoping for something that
would record and save keystrokes, much like macros in MS Word.  This
would be useful.

         Or perhaps I'm missing something.  Perhaps usefulness exists
that I have not discovered.

                                                     Peter