[Automator] Here's one for you

Mark markg5 at myrealbox.com
Sun Oct 23 14:07:25 PDT 2005

Hi
A quiet list needs some life, so here's a workflow I just created.
I keep records of grades etc on a Palm (I teach science in the UK)
using documents to go. I have a script (?) to back up the Palm folder
to my iDisk. Yeah, I know: "Use Backup!" but I didn't want to!

Here it is:

1    Get specified servers (http://idisk.mac.com/_user_name_/Documents
2    Connect to servers (you need to enter your log-in and pass here
- there's a check box to add it to your keychain)
3    Get specified Finder Items (the folder for my Palm dox goes here)
4    Copy Finder Items -> to the Desktop
5    Rename Finder Items (Add [current] date)
6    Move Finder Items (to iDisk dox folder)

It seems to work ... but don't blame me if it all goes pear shaped!

Be Seeing You

--
Mark