[BusMac] Colour laser printer

Doug Hinschberger doug at stroudsautorebuild.com
Thu Dec 5 17:27:38 PST 2002

Several months ago, someone mentioned on the list a free color laser
printer from Xerox. Does anyone on the list have experience with the
program?

On Wed, 06 Sep 2000 19:07:12 -0700, Dean Suhr <deansuhr at carpedis.com>
wrote:

>Best to check out the Phaser 850 Color Ink Printer from Tektronix (now
>Xerox).  The quality is great.
>
>You can get one for free if your volume is a few thousand pages a month. You
>buy the color ink, with blank ink free.  My experience is that unless you're
>doing very color intensive work such as a lot of photos, or PowerPoint with
>color backgrounds, that the color ink usage is very nominal and inexpensive.
>You get a letter-size, 2-sided, with dual paper trays $3400 printer for
>free!  I've had mine for 9 months an love it.  Spot color is a killer in
>business, and the ink is durable a has an embossed feel to it.   Ethernet
>built in, with great Mac support.
>
><www.freecolorprinters.com> It's a Xerox program.  You can return the
>printer at any time.  After 36 months I think it's yours to keep.

Doug Hinschberger
Administrative Services Manager
Stroud's Auto Rebuild

2001 Honorable Mention Consumer Advocate
Better Business Bureau Business of the Year

doug at stroudsautorebuild.com
(253) 474-0709             <http://www.stroudsautorebuild.com>