[BusMac] G3 Blue and White

Randy B. Singer randy at mother.com
Mon Dec 30 14:44:18 PST 2002

Geoff Wallace said:

> On reboot OS 9 locks up with
>extension conflicts etc, sometimes will restart with extensions off,
>sometimes even has errors with extensions off.

What makes you think that you are experiencing "extension conflicts" if
the machine still has problems even with the extensions turned off?

Sounds to me as if you need to update the hard disk drivers using Drive
Setup.

If that doesn't work, I would suspect a hardware problem, such as a bad
third-party PCI card, out of spec third-party RAM, or a USB peripheral
problem.

I also would take a hammer to the CD-ROM disk for any "old versions" of
Norton that you have.  Running outdated copies of Norton Utilities on a
new computer is just asking for trouble.

Randy B. Singer

Claiming that the Macintosh is inferior to Windows because most people
use Windows, is like saying that all other restaurants serve food that is
inferior to McDonalds'.