[BusMac] OSX trouble shooting tutorial

Bill Treadway bill at treadwayrealtygroup.com
Sun Jan 12 13:45:37 PST 2003

Proxim does not list an OSX driver for my skyline card. There is a
freebie driver that supports the networking but won't play nice with my
network printers (the web site for the driver is aware of that and they
are "working" on it. I can't complain too loudly since the blodyt
driver is free
On Sunday, January 12, 2003, at 02:15 PM, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> Bill Treadway said:
>
>> We have a G3 powerbook (bronze keyboard) and have been using a
>> farallon
>> skyline card in it to do wireless networking around the house.
>> Installed OS 10.2 and found that the only driver (I think) is the
>> freebie which works ok but doesn't support printing on a wireless
>> basis. This is my wifes laptop and so this is a sensitive issue.
>> Is there another card I can buy which is a PC card format and yet is
>> supported fully for OS 10,2?
>

> First, why don't you contact the developer of your Skyline card
> (Farallon
> is now Proxim) and ask them how to use it to print?
>
> http://www.proxim.com/products/all/skyline/
>
> http://www.proxim.com/support/contact/index.html
>
> Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. M-F Pacific Time
>
> 800-411-8106 Toll-Free in U.S. & Canada
> 408-731-2780 International
> 408-731-3676 Fax, 24 hours
>
> Email: support at proxim.com
>
> Randy B. Singer
> Co-Author of: The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th and 6th editions)
>
> "I think it would be a good idea."
>      - Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948), when asked what he thought of
> Western
> civilization.

> <BusMac-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <BusMac-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> ----------
> Mac ISP
> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
> MoniSwitch | Moniswitch, share keyboard & monitor between all your
> Macs!
> Dr. Bott   | <http://www.drbott.com/prod/msUSB.html>

---------------------------------
Bill Treadway
The Treadway Realty Group
Helping our clients sell, buy and finance their homes.
Find out how much better you do when enthusiastic professionals help
you!
281-340-4176 Office
281-265-0117 Fax
281-850-8141 Cell