Where's that sound?

Roy Preston mail at roypreston.co.uk
Sat Jul 5 04:15:42 PDT 2003

This is the second consecutive morning that my Mac has started up
without that lovely, familiar 'Indigo' orchestral sound -- everything
else seems to be fine, just no opening sound. It's happened before a
couple of times over the past year or so, but -- two days on the trot
has got me worrying!

Should I be worried, and what can I do to remedy it? (Nothing in The
Bible about that particular problem). I'm working on a 7-year old
8500 PowerMac with two internal and one external drives.

Randy? Or. . .?

Roy P