[BusMac] what sound?

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sat Jul 5 10:26:25 PDT 2003

After Hours said:

>Several possible causes:
>
>dying PRAM battery
>corrupt PRAM data (zap it)
>corrupt sound preference file
>you muted things :)
>you didn't turn on your external speakers :)
>you looked at a Viao with lust in your eyes
>

>I'd start at the top of my list

The startup sound usually is set to the level the system sound is set at
when the machine is shut down.  So, I would set the system sound level to
max, restart, and see if it comes back.

Also, make sure that nothing is plugged into the audio-out or headphone
jack.

Randy B. Singer

Most of the people I know use Macs, and it feels like we¹re a privileged
minority, though the odd thing is that, unlike Mercedes¹ or BMWs, they
are not significantly more expensive than the competition. Why does
anybody use anything else?  -Douglas Adams