[OT] 1984 ad retraction

David Williams willida at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 8 19:10:41 PST 2004

Oops, my bad.  I Googled that ad and found on MacMinute that the 1984 ad was
modified this year to add the I-Pod.  Hey, I always knew Apple was way ahead
of its time.  I just couldn't believe (1) that Apple would have started
designing the I-Pod back in 1984 (pre MPEG, no less MP3--if anything, she
should be carrying a Newton, even though PDAs weren't invented yet) and (2)
that anyone would alter the hallowed ground of the "1984" ad.  That's like
rewriting "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."

Dave