[BusMac] The List and its future

Bruce Klutchko klutch at erols.com
Tue Jun 1 10:30:55 PDT 2004

On 6/1/04 1:15 PM, "Michael Grant" <soft at bdanube.com> wrote:

> On Jun 1, 2004, at 11:53 AM, Wm. Neal Lewis wrote:
>
> Maybe we should exchange brief (re-)introductions--who we are, what our
> businesses are about (no ads please!), our interest in the Mac and in
> this list. As for me, I'm in the language translating business ...
>
> Michael

I'm a consultant who is working at a number of different projects. Because
the nature of my work changes from time to time, depending on the project, I
really like the idea that I have access to others who have done a wide
variety of things with their Macs.

I'm currently using a 1999 iMac, but after maxing out the Ram and installing
a new hard drive and OS X 10.3.4, it is plenty fast enough for all of the
work we do (there is no heavy-duty graphics processing). I use Safari,
Entourage, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, FileMaker, and a bunch of utilities.
If not for the help of people from this list and others, I would probably
have had to buy a cheap PC.

I'm very pleased that I can continue to use this iMac, and although I don't
contribute often, I appreciate this list. I'm sure that the lack of
contributions is cyclical - after all, where else could we go for this type
of info?

--
Bruce