[BusMac] The List and its future

David M. Shindell shindell at dataoptics.com
Tue Jun 1 13:30:35 PDT 2004

On 01 Jun 2004, Michael Grant said:

> Maybe we should exchange brief (re-)introductions--who we are, what our
> businesses are about (no ads please!), our interest in the Mac and in
> this list.

Hi, I am David Shindell.  I am owner of a small scientific company
named Data Optics, Inc. located in Ypsilanti, Michigan (near Ann Arbor
and the University of Michigan).   We manufacture precision optical
research equipment and optical test instruments.  I handle all aspects
of my business on the Mac.

Right now, I am trying to help out a friendly FedEx driver with a 3400c
laptop, but there are issues connecting the Ethernet to a router or DSL
modem.  (It does work when I connect it to my own cable modem, though,
so I think that the hardware and software are ok in the 3400c.)
  Someone just mentioned that a special pigtail cable is needed to break
out the Ethernet signals from the Phone on this particular model.  Does
anyone know anything about this?  (Randy?)