[BusMac] The List and its future

David Williams willida at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 1 16:53:11 PDT 2004

On 6/1/04 12:15 PM, "Michael Grant" <soft at bdanube.com> wrote:

> Maybe we should exchange brief (re-)introductions--who we are, what our
> businesses are about (no ads please!), our interest in the Mac and in
> this list.
THE LIST LIVES!

I'm a small business consultant who helps entrepreneurs apply standard
management practices to their businesses.  They are very good in their
industry, and they are very good with the big picture, but the devil is in
the details.  I help them gain the control they need by translating MBA
speak to entrepreneurese.

I have been using Macs since the Fat Mac in 1985.  Took one of the "test
drives" back in 1984.  I became the IT department for a boutique financial
planning firm from 1985 to 1999, where Macs let me provide all of the
services we needed on a part time basis and allowed me to be a financial
planner as well.

Besides the above, I work on a volunteer basis as a distributed sound
reinforcement installer.  I put sound systems into religious buildings.  Any
leads on Mac software that designs speaker layout ( a la EASE on the dark
side) would be beneficial.

My practice is run from a 15" PowerBook G4.  It has done nothing but impress
my clients and provided me with nearly everything I need.  Every so often I
have to drop into VPC for those few programs that won't port to the Mac, but
Office X does just about everything else.

And I am in no way affiliated with U of Mi or EMU.

--
David M. Williams, CFP®
Financial Objectives