[BusMac] List Active?

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri May 28 11:42:35 PDT 2004

Roy Preston said:

>Thanks for the url to your website, Randy. Actually I wanted the
>'Bible' but when I upgraded there wasn't a Panther version, so I used
>Pogue's 'Missing Manual' which I found really quite good.

I really can't recommend recent versions of The Macintosh Bible.  And, in
fact, Pogue's Missing Manual is what I most often recommend:

Mac OS X: The Missing Manual, Panther Edition by David Pogue.
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/macxmmpanther/

$21 from Amazon.com:
http://tinyurl.com/3h8gz

For those who are more advanced, you may want to check out:

Running Mac OS X Panther by James Duncan Davidson
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/runmacxpanther/index.html

or

Mac OSX Panther Unleashed by John Ray and William C. Ray
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672326043/102-6349750-246575
8?v=glance

Randy B. Singer

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius
to understand the simplicity."  -Dennis Ritchie.