[BusMac] PC Virus message on Mac CD

Sheldon Brown CaptBike at sheldonbrown.com
Mon Jan 17 09:01:05 PST 2005

I work in a mixed environment, using my Powerbook for Web work, while
the rest of my organization uses Wintel stuff for order handling,
inventory, etc.

One of my associates wants to help me with some of the routine
drudgery of maintaining my very large Web site, so I made him a CD
with all of the files to load up on his Wintel box.  This was to
allow him to manipulate files in the correct file structure, so
links, images, etc would work.

I burned the disc on my Powerbook with Toast Ti, but when he went to
copy it onto his Wintel machine he got this virus warning:

Scan type:  Realtime Protection Scan
Event:  Virus Found!
Virus name: <mailto:W32.Netsky.P at mm!enc>W32.Netsky.P at mm!enc
File:  D:\harris\sheldonb
Location:  D:\harris
Computer:  EDGESERVER2
User:  SYSTEM ADMIN
Action taken:  Clean failed : Quarantine failed : Access denied
Date found: Fri Jan 14 12:23:01 2005

I don't understand what's going on here, this is strictly a PC virus
and I can't find any sign of it on my machine.

Sheldon Brown
     Phone 617-244-9772  FAX 617-244-1041
          http://harriscyclery.com
     Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide
          http://captainbike.com
  Useful articles about bicycles and cycling
          http://sheldonbrown.com