Cube Anomolies

Bob Hasselbrink hippie1 at mac.com
Fri Jan 2 06:42:48 PST 1970

Hello,
Suddenly yesterday, my cube (stock 450) decided to shut down while I
accessing the internet.
It would shut down without warning and then try to restart.
Both of the "pilot lights" (on the cube and the monitor) would flash
very
quickly maybe five or six times, try to start, and then shut down again.
This continued until I shut it off using the power button on the UPS.
After work last night, I got the same result.
I remembered something about a problem with the power button gasket,
so I pulled the core and placed a small portion of a "sticky note" on
the inside
of the case over the button.
This seemed to fix the problem until this evening when it acted up
again, but
only once.
Am I on the right track here but need a different "gasket material"?
I have been in contact with the closest authorized dealer, but of
course,
they want me to bring bring it in so that they can diagnose the problem
at a considerable cost.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Bob