PL upgrade and Death Sleep

James Knight j.knight at kb-group.co.uk
Mon Dec 2 06:26:22 PST 2002

The only advice I can give you is to keep badgering Powerlogix. They will
tell you it is not their problem, it is Apple's.

Perhaps we should contact Apple and tell them it is their fault that
Powerlogix processor upgrades don't work in their computers?!

I think Powerlogix genuinely don't know what causes the trouble. I can tell
you though that I've contacted Sonnet who've had similar problems with their
boards and they claim to have solved the issue. There is some evidence to
support this - have a look at www.xlr8yourmac.com. A recent user reported
receiving a 'modified' board back from Sonnet with the sleep problem solved.

Powerlogix however just say that Sonnet 'got lucky' with a replacement board
and that there is no reliable fix.

Until enough people make enough noise with Powerlogix I doubt we will ever
get a fix for this.

Best

James

--