[CUBE] OT: USB card reader?

Arturo Pérez arturo at ethicist.net
Mon Dec 2 06:38:37 PST 2002

On Monday, December 2, 2002, at 07:50  AM, Riba wrote:

>> On Monday, December 2, 2002, at 05:24  AM, Riba wrote:
>>
>>> Can anyone recommend an USB card reader for MM and SD cards that
>>> would work under OS X?
>>
>> How about a FW card reader?  I have the Lexar  FireWire CompactFlash
>> reader and it's very nice.
>
> and i doubt that FW readers are cheap.

I think mine cost like $40.  It's $27.97 at buy.com.
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10261414&loc=101
Would you consider that cheap?

I don't want to come across as argumentative.  Rather I just want to
point
out that FW devices have really come down in price from where they were
a year
or two ago.  Take this in the vein of combatting "Macs are expensive"
hearsay.