[CUBE] Spinning beach ball

James Knight j.knight at kb-group.co.uk
Wed Dec 4 08:30:47 PST 2002

Hello Rod

Well I don't know about peppermints. I get less ball/disk in 10.2 than in
10.1 but that's only because the OS waits longer before giving you the
spinner (to create the illusion of speed?). I still get long a wait every
time I try to do anything which uses the hard disk whilst ripping. The
process trying to use the hard disk gets stuck for 5+ seconds each time -
you can't for example bring other windows in the same app forward whilst it
is stuck.

This is not a VM issue I am sure - utilities like Memory Stick & iPulse say
that half my real RAM is free.

Cheers

James

--