Radeon 8500 in a Cube

cube at ksphotos.com cube at ksphotos.com
Wed Dec 4 12:31:53 PST 2002

Hello List,
I've read enough of Laurie's FAQs and seen others mentioning that a
Radeon 8500 dosn't easily fit into a Cube (due to board height) without
some significant modifications - relocating circuit boards, etc.
That said, some guy on ebay was recently selling a Cube with asn 8500
installed. The point he made was that he had not relocated any other
internal boards or chipped away part of the card to fit. He had only
drilled cut out part of the top chassis lid to accomodate this and
future video cards.
I don't have a Radeon 8500 in front of me - the local dealer won't open
the packaging for me to do some precise measures of card height.
Does anyone have experience with this or can someone measure the actual
height of the card to compare with the Rage 128 to see if it will
actually fit?