Cube fan DISASTER update - DC/DC Board

Joel Pelletier joelp at joelp.com
Fri Dec 6 20:49:15 PST 2002

Thanks AGAIN for all of your help and advice on my Cube fan install
problems. My mistake was trying to tap into the 5V source for the fan
(a Y connector off the DVD drive power cable), instead of the 12 with
a resistor. What I REALLY should (and will) stick to is tapping into
the 12v supply via the small connector on the DC/DC board intended
for this very operation. I just am having a bitch of a time finding a
connector that small...

Upon visual inspection we can see one of the chips on the DC/DC board
has a "pimple" on it, having fried, and hopefully, with replacement
of the board, everything else will be fine. Any suggestions on where
to get another DC/DC board, as well as that tiny little connector, is
much appreciated.

Joel Pelletier
http://www.joelp.org

The Cube lives - it's now just called the G4 iMac!