[CUBE] Noise?

John Derbyshire johnderbyshire at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 7 14:57:26 PST 2002

on 7/12/02 5:57 pm, James Rice at daystar-genesis at charter.net wrote:

> Why is fan and drive noise a problem?  I'm just curious.  I work in a server
room with 25-35 very loud servers.  My home office has almost 50 boxes, at
least 10-12 up and running at all times.  My home Wintel PC, a dual 2ghz K7
MP has a total of 11 fans.

There was something that bothered me about my reply to this question. I'd
like to have another go at answering it - What is the mystery about not
wanting to live and work in the hell-on-earth racket of this poor sod's
environment?

The curious thing is not that Cube owners like its silence but that anyone
would want anything else!