[CUBE] Photosmart 1115

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Mon Dec 9 07:26:08 PST 2002

>Hi all, If you're considering getting a printer or scanner, I'd stay
>away from  the HP's for a while.  I have a HP Photosmart 1115
>printer attached to my cube, and I noticed after updating to OS
>10.2.2 that the cube would start to slow down over time, until it
>took several seconds to do anything.  In checking the process list I
>found that a process called "HP Connectivity" was using up 75% of
>the CPU time!  A check of HP's site showed that they are aware of
>the problem, and are writing a new driver.  When that will come out
>... who knows.

>From xlr8yourmac:
"The problem is with 10.2.2 alone. This has been demonstrated (and
verified) by taking the USB Kernel Extension from 10.2.1 and placing
that file on a 10.2.2 machine - the problem goes away. This
workaround is best done by those who speak in 2 character words (mv,
cp, vi, ls, ..)."

--
Riba, riba at hi.hinet.hr on 09.12.2002