[Cube] Modem Sounds

R. LeManuel Cato rlcato at bigpond.com
Tue Dec 10 07:50:43 PST 2002

Allen:

 Yes. It will still make sounds when I dial out if I turn the sound on -even
busy signals or the recordings of the operator when sometimes the line is
being worked on late at night. I'm running OS 9.2.2 and OS X 10.1.4 here in
Australia. I've chucked out all the modem scripts except those related to
what I have at home -like external modems. So I have about 6 scripts in my
folder. Someone may buy my old 33k & 56k but they may want to see it work.
Sentimental, you know. Anyway, other than that, internal modem checked;
Apple Internal modem checked; sound on and dialing: tone. In Internet
Control Panel, instead of using default, use 'Home' and stick with 'Home' in
everything else. That's all the info I have. (I'm in OS 9. It goes a bit
faster than OS X but not quite as stable if problems arrises.) Good luck!!

Manuel