PC video card to drive the 22" Apple Cinema Display?

Steve Goldstein sgoldste at nsf.gov
Fri Dec 13 05:59:15 PST 2002

Folks,

I may be adding a PC to the mix (there are a few things that just go
easier with a PC, though the Mac is my platform of choice).  I don't
have room for a second monitor, and I don't want to give up my 22"
Apple Cinema Display.  I plan on getting a Geffen ADC Switcher to
share the display between the G4 and the PC.  But, I need to purchase
a PC video card with DVI output that can drive @ 1600 x 1024 through
the Geffen box (I do not do games, so the requirement might be less
demanding).  The PC (an hp Pavilion) has an available AGP slot as
well as one unused PCI slot (I already placed USB 2.0 and Firewire
cards in the other two PCI slots).

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Steve