[CUBE] Which large HD?

cubicle athomp2 at mac.com
Fri Dec 20 07:56:40 PST 2002

and there was another who mention seagate with similar results to yours
- yet others swear by them - see?  i really think that the
manufacturing process for these can product bad lots rather easily
without detection by even the most scrupulous qa process.  next year,
you may have no ibm failures, but the same number of failures on brand
X, even though that brand has been good previously for you.

you'll think that brand X is now slipping, and perhaps move to another,
and the cycle continues.  these are highly complex devices with lots of
moving parts.  lots can go wrong with 'em.