[OT] muti-page scanning in X

Jonathan Bauer jonathan.bauer at verizon.net
Mon Dec 23 05:58:01 PST 2002

Cube Community:

I cannot find a solution anywhere so I am appealing to the collective
Cube intelligence. If you prefer, reply privately & I will summarize
back to the list.

Before Jaquar I used to force Acrobat to open in Classic and was able
to scan multiple page documents into Acrobat as pdf's. Or, open other
convenient apps and scan multi  page documents to multi page TIFF's;
all using an Epson Perfection Office (just a Perfection 1640 with a
sheet feeder) via Epson TWAIN. Since Jaguar this is all broken. Now I
must inconveniently boot into OS9 to scan documents of more than one
page. Yes, Epson TWAIN for X supports multiple pages.

The only OSX app that I have found that will scan multiple pages is
Omnipage Pro X, very expensive optical character recognition software.
For some reason (or accidentally), Apple hobbled Classic under Jaguar.

Does anyone know of a TWAIN compliant application that supports
multiple page documents in Jaguar?

Thanks!

Jonathan