[CUBE] Dead Cube saga continues...

James Rice blackcube at megaeasy.com
Mon Dec 23 14:50:43 PST 2002

I've never had it happen with a Mac, but we had a whole series of cheap
ATX supplies the went bad.  Sleeve bearing fans would seize then
everytrhing would overheat.  When the supply failed, these particular
supplies put 55 volt unregulated chopped DC on the +-12v, 3.3 and 5v
lines at the same time.  It blew chips off the motherboards, drive
controller boards, lots of magic smoke set free.  I'll never buy an ATX
supply from Thailand labeled "Green Tech".

James