Silence and speed

JAS jspock at macnytt.com
Sat Dec 28 12:15:07 PST 2002

Hi!

How silent will a Cube be with a processor upgrade (Powerlogix Dual 800 or
similar) and possibly a graphics card upgrade also. Will it be in the region
of iMac Globe?

And also a q about OSX speed, I read this conclusion on upgradeing to
Powerlogix 1GHz:

"In practice, we can notice acceleration by 2 of G4 after installation of
the new processor. I do not find that the Finder is as reactive as under Mac
OS 9 with the old 450 MHz processor but it is more reactive than before."

Is X so demanding that even a 1GHz system will feel slow compared to
450MHz/G4 running OS9?

/jas
(New on this list as of today)