[CUBE] GeForce

Arturo Pérez arturo at ethicist.net
Sat Dec 28 13:55:49 PST 2002

On Saturday, December 28, 2002, at 02:19  PM, Okatu wrote:

> <...but my understanding is that there is little performance difference
> between the GeForce 3
> <and the GeForce 2 w/32MB and a heatsink...
>

> No, not really there's quite a big difference between those cards. The
> GF3
> draws much higher fps the the GF2
>
> Boris

That depends on your resolution.  For example, benchmarks show little
difference between the two cards at 640x480.  They do show A LOT of
difference
at the higher resolutions, like 1024x768.  See the link below.  The
GF2MX gets 153 FPS
at 640x480 and the GF3 gets 163. At 1024x768 the gaps widen to 43 and
120.  This is under
OSX.  Under OS9 the numbers are 76 vs 76 and 51 vs 66.  Numbers from
the below page.
		http://www.barefeats.com/pm02.html

For my monitor, which is an LCD and can only do 1024x768 the added
oomph of the GF3 is
almost never needed.