[CUBE] Silence and speed

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Sun Dec 29 12:33:39 PST 2002

> "In practice, we can notice acceleration by 2 of G4 after installation of
> the new processor. I do not find that the Finder is as reactive as under Mac
> OS 9 with the old 450 MHz processor but it is more reactive than before."
>
> Is X so demanding that even a 1GHz system will feel slow compared to
> 450MHz/G4 running OS9?

It is all subjective, and after all, you can't compare two fundamentally
different operating systems on speed only. For me, the speed of "finder" on
450MHz Cube, is more than adequate. If it is faster with a 1GHz upgrade, even
better. But I'll never consider going back to OS9 because "finder is faster
there".
Upgrade and stop worrying
;)

Ova poruka poslana je upotrebom HThinet WebMail usluge.
https://webmail.hinet.hr