Heat

Steffen Barabasch TheMirror at westend.com
Tue Nov 26 14:19:57 PST 2002

Oh, and one more thing:

Don't compare temperatures between Cubes. The CPU heat probe is
totally inaccurate. It doesn't mean shit if your Cube is xx degrees
hotter or cooler than another Cube. I had 3 Cubes (kept one) and all
of them had *totally* different temp values.

Just use it to compare temps of the *same* Cube. Like when you add a
new gfx card or if you worked on the CPU and removed the heatsink
etc. Any changes here are interesting, like if your CPU runs 10
degrees hotter than before, then it could be that you made something
wrong when you reassembled your heatsink etc.

I'll check exactly that right now, I still know how hot it got before
I got this small-heatsink replacement-GF2-card, and I want to know if
the CPU's running hotter or maybe even cooler (since the GF2 is not
able to get rid of its heat now, nice for the Cube, deadly for the
GPU) now.

Steffen
--
Steffen Barabasch (mailto:TheMirror at westend.com)