[CUBE] American Keyboard

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Tue Apr 1 01:57:49 PST 2003

On 2003-04-01 11:45, miln wrote:

>> On Thursday, March 20, 2003, at 04:53 PM, miln wrote:
>>
>>> Does anybody know how to log in as root in the terminal?
>>
>> Welcome to Darwin!
>> [cube:~] brooks% su -
>> Password:
>> [cube:~] root#

I would recommend 'sudo -s" instead, since it doesn't require enabling the
root account, but that's a minor point.

> Now that I know how to connect as root I tried to change my keyboard language
> to french in the international pane but when I boot again the american Flag is
> here again... What is the exact procedure after loging in as root? Should I
> also log out? How?

Su-ing to root in the Terminal, doesn't mean that you are logged in as root
in any other apps. So when you su to root and then open System Preferences,
you still start System Preferences as yourself.

Besides, if you were to change the keyboard setting for the root account,
you would change it only for that account, not your own.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
011110010110111101110101