How can you tell if you have a 100 or a 233 PL1.2Ghz cpu?

J.C. Webber III jcw at kingoblio.com
Wed Apr 2 06:21:23 PST 2003

There has been a lot of discusson over at cubeowner.com about the
reliability of the two models of 1.2Ghz cpu upgrades from PowerLogic
(100 vs 233).

I'm not having any problems with mine, no sleep problems, no hangs,
no crashes, nothing.  Works great.  Best $600 I ever spent.

But I'm curious if that's because I lucked out with a decent version of
the troublesome 233 model or if I ended up with the 100 model.  In Apple
System Profiler, under Hardware Profile, it says my Bus Speed is 100Mhz.
Does this indicate the model PL1.2 I have or is this figure not relevant
to the model cpu I have?

thx...
--
J.C. Webber III
Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator