[CUBE] American Keyboard

J.C. Webber III jcw at kingoblio.com
Fri Apr 4 06:11:48 PST 2003

In my opinion, using Netinfo Manager is *way* too complicated
method to use to enable the root account.  Maybe because I'm
an oldtime(r) command-line guy, but I find it much easier to
just run the following command in the Terminal App:

sudo passwd root
(enter *your* password to authorize this sudo command)
(at the prompt, enter your preferred root password)
(at the next prompt, enter it again for confirmation)

Works for me....
-- jcw

--
J.C. Webber III
Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator