[CUBE] OT:surprise Bomb in OS X??

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Fri Apr 4 08:13:19 PST 2003

> Do I remember correctly? Your cube has the 7200 RPM hard drive AND
> 1.5gig of RAM, but you were
> still having panics? As described, I can hear the hard drive
> seeking-then a panic. None lately after 10.2.4 install.

I have a 7200 rpm drive and 896 MB of RAM. Regarding the hard drive
seeking you are hearing, I suspect that is the system writing a dump on
the hard drive when the crash occurs. It is not a cause of the crash.
Also, OS X should never crash because of lack of physical memory. I
suggest you try unplugging all extra USB pheripherals and check the
integrity of your hard drive.