[CUBE] More on Sound goin away

abillups at mac.com abillups at mac.com
Fri Apr 11 17:58:28 PDT 2003

On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 07:26  AM, SnowWhite wrote:

> On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 02:22  AM, Cube List wrote:
>
>> I'm currently running the latest 3.5 MSN Messenger release and am
>> wondering if any of you out there that are seeing the audio disappear
>> problem are using MSN as well.  I've just disabled the audio alerts in
>> MSN to see if that changes anything.
>
> Nope. I use Safari, Mail, Clock, Thermo in Dock, Office X and
> Warcraft2 (in Classic) and I lose sound sometimes and I can see no
> patern. I think it's a problem in the OS itself in combination with
> the cube USB sound. USB sound, IMO always sucked. Thank god my
> Sawtooth has sound in and out plugs -really to bad about the cube.
>
> jj

I agree about the usb sound. Mine will go away when EyeTV hiccups, or
when my Logitech wireless mouse  freezes. Or I forget and try to scan
and use EyeTV and play a game that has a lot of mouse activity all at
the same time. Sometimes it is just sound and mouse that freezes, other
times, when I unplug and replug the wireless sending unit, it will take
the whole system down.

I have the wireless mouse and the speakers plugged into my 17" Apple
flat panel, which I have had since last summer. Before that (pre
Jaguar), I had the Apple 17" CRT that originally came with the cube,
with the speakers and mouse plugged into it. Didn't have the problem
then. It started when I got Jaguar and EyeTV and the flat panel. Have
had the wireless mouse since Xmas of 01 and have the current driver.
The mouse has a control center in the System Preferences so I am sure
it is part of the problem.

Ann Billups
abillups at earthlink.net