[CUBE] Hard drive and TechTool PRO

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 13 12:44:15 PDT 2003

It doesn't read like your HD is about to become toast but you should
have a good backup anyway.

I recommend an 80 GB Seagate Barracuda 4 (about $90+) in an OWC Elite
Pro FireWire housing (about $100+). Install Mac OS to make it bootable
and do backups to it frequently. I use the inexpensive and easy to use
FWB Backup ToolKit.

If your internal HD ever goes out, you can switch the external HD in
with no problem. It's considered a user doable operation and Apple even
has a QT video on it. Look for the link on www.cubeowner.com.

Bill