[CUBE] Urgent - on site- kernel panic

David Flory daflory at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 18 14:35:58 PDT 2003

On Friday, April 18, 2003, at 01:33  PM, Brenda Mitchell wrote:

> Working with a client's cube on premise. Has been having minor
> problems (AOL & other apps unexpectedly quit, etc). Uses Classic
> constantly (Word Perfect.)
>
> Have reset PRAM, Norton, fsck, MacJanitor, etc. Loaded 10.2.5 combo
> (not from Software Updater) and now getting Kernel panics.

I'm where you are. I've spent days trying to figure this one out, many
people with this problem have found it's localized to USB hubs/devices.
I've still got panics with only my mouse and keyboard and haven't
gotten around to trying 10.2.5 with even those removed. If you look at
/Library/logs/panic.log you should find the panic.log as listed in this
path. If you look at it you'll probably see something about iousb etc.
which makes me think that there is indeed something about USB screwed
up in 10.2.5 because all my stuff worked fine up thru' 10.2.4 and
started panicing witht the developer seed of 10.2.5. Search the Apple
Knowledgebase for panic report and you'll find several docs about this.
-
Check out the marine mammals @
<http://homepage.mac.com/dflory/Menu5.html>