[CUBE] Sonnet CPU upgrade

Laurie A Duncan laurie at cubeowner.com
Mon Apr 21 12:16:51 PDT 2003

On 4/20/03 5:05 PM, mentholiptus at mac.com added a note to the human symphony,
when this was said:

>>> I agree with Matthew.  However, the Cube kit is free if you buy the
>>> Sonnet upgrade from OWC.
>>>
>>> Doug
>>
>> Only if you use the code granted to cubeowner.com readers.
>>
>> Laurie
>

> What about the weekly "specials" email OWC sends out....don't they have
> better discounts? (as they're not giving a cut to anyone who's
> advertising for them?)
>
> Anyone who wants to sign up to OWC's "Tip's N' Deals" newsletter can do
> so here:
>
> http://eshop.macsales.com/List/List.cfm
>
> They usually have pretty sweet deals and discounts.

I highly recommend that people subscribe to OWC's mailing list, as there are
great deals to be had there, but just as a point of reference:

Sonnet "Cube Installation" kit for the Sonnet Encore/ST G4/800MHz and
G4/1.2GHz AGP Processor upgrade. (NOT for Encore 1GHz model!)
 - 29.00  (free with cubeowner.com reader coupon)

Sonnet Encore/ST G4/800 MHz AGP
 - $349.99 (general) / $329 (this week's mailing list)

Sonnet Encore/ST G4/1GHz AGP
 - $519.99 / $515 (this week's mailing list - REQUIRES VRM kit for use in
Cube, not shipping yet)

Sonnet Encore/ST G4/1.2GHz AGP
 - $639.99 / $619 (this week's mailing list)

So - cubeowner readers save net $9 on the sonnet 800 and 1.2 cards. Since
the VRM kit for the 1ghz cards isn't shipping yet, we don't have a discount
code in place yet for it.

Yes, OWC is a paying cubeowner.com sponsor in general. They run several ad
placements on cubeowner.com and offer frequent discounts to cubeowner.com
readers.

There's no effect on my wallet whether you chose to save $9 or not. Sonnet
does not pay me a dime. The only perk I get from Sonnet is they graciously
allowed me to post a copy of their Cube Install manual on cubeowner -
despite the fact that the manual is only available to people who purchase
the Cube Install Kit. It's not available for download on their own site -
but they granted me permission to post it for me readers as a courtesy.

I still don't understand why jesse is so concerned with my bank account
balance. Fortunately, the regulars on cubeowner are more concerned with
what's in it for themselves and are thankful for the work I put into
obtaining them deals on CPU upgrades, not to mention the great discounts on
MCE's SuperDrives and ComboDrives - for which I also get no monetary
compensation whatsoever.

Laurie
--
AOL IM/iChat: cubeownernyc