[CUBE] Sonnet CPU upgrade vs Powerlogix Upgrade-Comparison

Jon Chaplin saint at waszup.com
Tue Apr 22 14:20:52 PDT 2003

> I would/have, Robert, but still awaiting my replacement card about 7
> weeks
> since it was rma'ed back to the states; your then tech support people
> "Bill"
> [your brother I believe} failed to give me any fb and declined to
> return any
> of my calls or emails.
>
> Maybe Sonnet is the way to go at least their cards are available and
> they
> work.
>
> Feel free to objectively discuss any of the history here RJ
>
> But right now it will be 2 months plus, since you received my card and
> there
> is still no definitive timescale as to when the new card will be
> returned,
> even hints that the cube format design is not yet even finished, let
> alone
> at the build house...
>
> John Guy

I've had terrible support with Powerlogix also, calls and emails never
returned. Went on for about three months, then when I got my card back
it was missing a part. I just threw it away and called it a loss. It
wasn't worth my trouble.

And so began my dis-like of Texans...

Powerlogix burns people like all the Powerbook users that got stranded
for months (http://www.macintouch.com/powerlogixblue.html), that's why
I'll never buy from them again. It makes me kinda sad that Newer went
out of business and not these guys...