[CUBE] Sonnet CPU upgrade vs Powerlogix Upgrade-Comparison

Todd Masco cube-list-local at babayaga.org
Tue Apr 22 15:05:18 PDT 2003

I have mixed feelings about Powerlogix.  You may recall that I had a
cube that was smoked by a 1GHz upgrade.

On the one hand, I was very happy that they were willing to take my
whole cube and make it "just work."  I was deeply impressed that the
company contacted me after my posting of my experience on this list.
They replaced pretty much all of the components in the cube - including
:( a worse video card, but it did get back in working order.  I
appreciate that.

On the other hand, it took several months for the cube to get back to
me.  It was very frustrating.

So I get the impression that they're a bunch of good guys who want to
do well by their customers, but they are perhaps more than a little
overworked.

	-- Todd