[CUBE] Re-review of MCE superdrive

J.C. Webber III jcw at kingoblio.com
Fri Apr 25 06:40:31 PDT 2003

mentholiptus wrote:

> On Thursday, April 24, 2003, at 01:50  PM, J.C. Webber III wrote:
>
> > I had earlier expressed some disappointment in the results I obtained
> > burning DVDs on my cube using my new MCE internal slot-loading
> > superdrive.
> >
> > I have since had the opportunity to try again using the 4X media
> > instead
> > of the 2X I used in my initial attempts....
>

> Can I ask how long it took to burn the DVD, and besides iTunes hanging,
> were you able to do other stuff on the system while DVD's were burning
> in the background without interrupting the process?
>

> jesse

I didn't actually time it, but it was about the same time as the
length of the content I layed down on it.

I was leary of interupting the burning process again, so I went over
and used my iBook during the burning process, so no, I don't know
if you can do other things, but I suspect you can as long as it
doesn't involve the audio subsystem.

--
J.C. Webber III
Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator