[CUBE] FW enclosures

Julian Tracy julian at leswardphoto.com
Mon Apr 28 10:44:09 PDT 2003

>> Anyone have experience with the OWC firewire exclosure that supports
>> both IDE hard drives and cd/cdrw? I'd love to get a combo to put some
>> of my spare parts to use, and this seems ideal. I'd be interested in
>> reviews of this device or any similar.

I have a couple of the $43 Oxford-911 cases that are somewhat "generic" and
sold by Compgeeks and a few other retailers (the model number on the box is
MF-320, I think).  Search on Dealmac.com for "enclosure", and they should
come up.

 The cases will support 5.25 and 3.5 drives and are actually pretty nice
looking.  I use one for an Apple 2x Superdrive, and the other for a 48X
Verbatim CDRW.  Have no complaints so far - they do run with a fan, but it's
not too bad.  For being generic palstic cases - they are very well built,
and are as nice as the external Yamaha drive I also use; when fully
assembled - they are quite rugged.

Regards,

Julian Tracy