[CUBE] FW enclosures

John Guy john.guy at btclick.com
Mon Apr 28 12:48:35 PDT 2003

On 28/4/03 6:17 pm, "Thubten Kunga" <Kunga at FutureMedia.org> wrote:

> I've had good luck with ADS. I'm trying to find the one that can
> deliver 250GB drives from outside. Anyone know that model number? it's
> got an ATA 100 or 133 bridge inside so it can see the entire drive. But
> I still don't know what the model number is. Reading the descriptions
> at OWC doesn't reveal the spec I am looking for. I know ADS makes one.
> I just don't know the model number.

> On Monday, April 28, 2003, at 09:20 AM, Erik Ness wrote:
>
>> Anyone have experience with the OWC firewire exclosure that supports
>> both IDE hard drives and cd/cdrw? I'd love to get a combo to put some
>> of my spare parts to use, and this seems ideal. I'd be interested in
>> reviews of this device or any similar.

Try this outfit:
Www.xtradisk.com

I have two of their products.
One is a dedicated 3.5" dual firewire enclosure, currently stocked with 2
120gb wd 8mb drives
The other is a quad 5.25" firewire enclosure which has hot swappable disks
and a cd re-writer living in it.

If you are not in states, there is an outfit in the UK that does the same
thing.

Very good especially if you have multiple devices that you want to
consolidate.

John Guy