[CUBE] iTunes 4

a l a n t h o m p s o n athomp2 at mac.com
Mon Apr 28 15:04:05 PDT 2003

OK, if you have the firewall enabled, this is what you need to do to
get the Rendezvous music library sharing to work.  You need to open the
port used by iTunes in the sharing control panel under the firewall tab
- but the catch is that you need to do this manually.  Click the "new"
button and select "Other" from the drop-down menu and then add the port
used by iTunes for sharing - (tcp) 3689, then give that service a
descriptive name.  I used "iTunes Library Sharing."  click OK.  The
sharing should now work (I did this on both my iBook, and the Cube).

They really should add this to the Readme, or have updated the firewall
GUI as part of the iTunes installation (or maybe they will with the
forthcoming 10.2.6).

--alan