[CUBE] iTunes 4

Laurie A Duncan laurie at cubeowner.com
Mon Apr 28 17:26:50 PDT 2003

On 4/28/03 7:35 PM, allan at hise.org added a note to the human symphony, when
this was said:

> On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Ray Boehmer wrote:
>
>> Look, most albumns that people might actually WANT cost about $18. On
>> Apple's service that cost is $10- a savings of $8. And if there is just one
>> or two songs you like, the cost is $2- a savings of $16. Yes, you don't get
>> the little booklet. Oh well.
>
> Bzzzt!!! I buy CDs from half.com or from pawn shops all the time that
> are less than $8. Granted, the pawn shop discs tend to be in horrible
> condition (though will generally play & rip ok). Just bought a live, 17
> track richard thompson CD at a used CD store for $5.99. Great stuff, worth
> more than $0.99 per track, probably, but I probably wouldn't have bught it
> if it was $16.50. Then again, I got a 6-track Zappa album for $5.99 too.
> So the price is kinda right. (Of course, there were 2 9-minute tracks and
> one 17 minute track...) Which reminds me, I have several CDs with very
> short songs (sub 1 minute). Are those also 99 cents? Hmmm...
>
> This pricing seems good for the mass-market stuff. Anything esoteric is
> going to be a tough sell, IMHO. Assuming they even have the weird stuff I
> want.
>
> Allan

$.99 cents was a good price point for me. I just one-clicked my way through
$20 worth of tunes from 15+ albums that I had no interest in buying as full
albums. Although I have downloaded some of those tunes for free from various
file sharing networks previously, the quality on most of them was lousy. I'm
happy to pay a buck a song for ONLY the songs I actually want in good
quality.

I'm a happy camper for now. Not even wanting to upgrade to a new iPod :)
(being the early adapter I am known to be, I still have my original 5gb
iPod). Maybe in a few months I'll buy a new one and relegate the 5gb to
hubby for his exclusive use.

Laurie
--
AOL IM/iChat: cubeownernyc