choking up the whole works

John Allan jallan at freeuk.com
Mon Apr 28 18:57:56 PDT 2003

> But for the life of me, I can't recall how I tweaked the system (or
> Explorer) to keep Explorer from choking up the whole works when I've
> got a dozen web pages open

This is the wonder of the unspoken OS X, n'est-ce pas?

I think Apple are on a sponsorship deal from Western Digital to sell 250 GBs
HD.

I have no idea what all this stuff X produces, it expands rather like an
extraterrestrial Blob out to digest your entire town ... A few minutes
browsing, a Gig goes .... Download 150k file, pop goes 60 MBs. It is nuts.
There is no logic to it. Sometimes it is a lot, sometimes it is a little.
May be there is just something wrong with file sizing calculation in OS X.

No idea but I have noted this and brought it up in other tech lists and
found other folk suffering the same. If you partition your HD, give X a lot
more space than you  would consider or use " Xupport " as an easy way to
point VM elsewhere than the boot disk.

John