[CUBE] AW: [CUBE] Powerlogix - Buyer Beware?

John Guy john.guy at btclick.com
Wed Apr 30 06:48:55 PDT 2003

On 24/4/03 1:04 pm, "Boris Jotic" <okatu at partizan-media.com> wrote:

> In the meantime, if this is a upgrade path that you are considering, it
> may
> be prudent to reconsider doing it until such issues as this and all the
> other cube owners who are in the same boat have been resolved.
>
> John,
>
> We all know u as a honorable list memeber - hopefully Powerlogix will
> react in the right way, otherwise they could loose many Cubeowners as
> Customers...
>
> Boris

Dear Fellow Cube owners,

My DHL parcel from Waypoint/Powerlogix arrived this morning, 2 days short of
nine weeks from originally sending it back off to the States for repair.

Upon install, the card worked flawlessly first time and has been up and
running for 45 mins...
I have to admit that I cannot hear the fan running, although can feel a
minor air current from the top of the cube heat chimney.  I just hope that
that is the fan and not just pure convection...

Just to ensure that ALL is fair in this debacle, I thought it only fair to
ensure that the list was made aware that a successful outcome has been
achieved [eventually].

The summary of my experience/advice...

Deal with Waypoint as the sales and tech support point for the Powerlogix
upgrades, leave powerlogix to play with the technology, the bits that each
are correspondingly good at.

A great deal of thanks goes to Jason Wolf and John Highhouse at Waypoint for
their unrelenting support, patience and honesty.

My thanks to RJ et al for developing the product, I just hope that the
upgrade path that has been described historically will be honoured; when the
next generation of chips becomes commercially available to after-market
developers.

If you are looking for a significant power boost to a flagging cube then
this is a route well worth considering.

Finally thanks to you fellow cubers' who showed their support both on and
off the list, you know who you are!

Kindest regards

John Guy