[CUBE] OT: pismo vs. ibook

Julian Tracy julian at leswardphoto.com
Fri Aug 8 09:42:35 PDT 2003

> Hi all,
>
> Hope this OT is fine with you.
>
> Am considering a pismo purchase, but also wondering
> about the ibook.  Any opinions - pros and cons?
> Obviously the ibook is newer - but with the G4 upgrade
> for a pismo - is it worthwhile?
>
> Happy for comments to be off-list.
>
> Cheers. Dave

The Pismo will span two monitors - huge benefit if you are working with any
tool palette intensive apps.

Pismo has (2) firewire ports - that is of particular importance to me as a
photographer, maybe not you...

Large screen, very durable...

Others here will invariably point out differences in bus speed, video card,
ease of upgradeability that I am not in the know on.

We have used our G3 500 for 3 years now with no problems, but I'll admit to
having Al and TI envy......

Good Luck,

Julian Tracy