Reasonable replacement of cube CDR needed

Scott Foster fosters005 at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Aug 10 15:40:00 PDT 2003

My original CDR died and I ordered what I was told would be the correct
replacement on line for $45. When received, the new CDR was found to NOT
have a "slave/master" switch. I installed it and upon startup, I got the
blinking "question mark" (OSX 10.2.6). I swapped the circuit boards and
that did not work either. SO, I am looking for an inexpensive
replacement. My local Apple dealer wants $350 to do the replacement and
this seems far too expensive. Any thoughts?