[CUBE] OT: Port Forwarding for OS X Mail (and possibly other apps)

Eagle eagle243 at mac.com
Tue Aug 12 12:17:39 PDT 2003

Jason,

If you have an ssh account outside your firewall and can still get to
that, you can forward SMTP and IMAP over that.  That's what I do every
day. :)

Timbuktu can also be forwarded over SSH.  I do that every day too. :)

There must be SOME port that they are allowing through the firewall,
and if one is allowed, all are allowed. ;)  If you control your own
machine outside the firewall (up to and including your machines at
home) then you can set this up.

I'd rather not publish the details, so if you (or anyone else) want(s)
assistance, feel free to email me privately.  Before contacting me,
please start by reading the ssh manpage.

Eagle